Re: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:32:30 -0700

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 3:08 AM, Milan Zamazal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Some news about the old problem of SBCL crashes and freezes with StumpWM
> when using mode line (i.e. multiple timers): I can run StumpWM on
> standard Debian SBCL happily now with my custom mode line utilizing
> several timers for its updates.

It's moot now but I want to point out that multiple timers isn't
exactly the source of the issue. stumpwm figures out when the next
timeout is due and uses clx's event timeout to schedule a wake up at
that time. It then does what needs to be done (clear the message bar,
update modeline, etc) and then figures out when the next timeout is
due. and so on. I felt labeling this as "multiple timers" was
misleading.

-Shawn