Re: [STUMP] Problem with Mathematica 6

From: Shawn
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Problem with Mathematica 6
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:33:40 -0700

Kresimir Kumericki <address@hidden> writes:

> In ratpoison I get for troublesome Mathematica 6 window
>
> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "XMathematica"
>
> while nice-behaving Mathematica 5.2 window is:
>
> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "Untitled-1", "XMathematica"
>
> I don't know if any of this helps.

This was exactly what I needed to see. It looks like both portable clx
(sbcl) and new-clx (clisp) have buggy implementations of wm-class. It
looks like Mathematica was setting only one of the wm-class values and
not putting an ascii char 0 at the end, which was breaking wm-class,
which expected 2 values with 0s after them.

I've added workarounds in stumpwm for both clisp and sbcl and have
sent them upstream.

Please let me know if mathematica now runs!

-Shawn