Re: [STUMP] Flipping heads in group to groups in head!

From: Mikael Jansson
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Flipping heads in group to groups in head!
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:34:40 +0200

On 05/19/2011 01:02 PM, Michael Raskin wrote:
<address@hidden>
<address@hidden>)

What would be needed to get this support into StumpWM ?
As far as I understand it its not possible to get it done in stumpwm.

It would require changes more or less everywhere.

I sent out the idea to get feedback on whether the design is sound or not.

It would probably mean breaking a lot of code and stumpwmrcs
everywhere, but I really support this motion. Having independent heads
would be a killer feature for me.

The problem is that _both_ heads-in-groups and groups-in-heads can be very
useful. So we either have to provide both and share code, or develop some
new concepts which allow simple expression of both cases.

heads-in-groups is a superset of groups-in-heads.

I described in my original post how to emulate the latter behaviour by gluing heads together to make the group switching happen for all heads at the same time.

--
Mikael Jansson | http://mikael.jansson.be | GPG Key 0x88986608
Limp: The Vim Lisp IDE - http://mikael.jansson.be/hacking/limp