summer-of-code

Re: GNU accepted as an org

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: GNU accepted as an org
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 21:47:23 +0100

Hello Ibrar,

> Dear developer,
>    Is this an official project idea for the GSoC 2015?
> If yes, then I'm interested ( having experience of creating music related
> apps and Graphics Designing. I think I can help in this.)
> Can you tell me more details of this? ( required skills, project scope..etc)

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly.  LilyPond is an
existing and actively developed GNU package, and it participates in
GSoC under the GNU umbrella.  A GSoC project could consist of
improving some part of LilyPond; there's a list of GSoC project ideas
for LilyPond that can be found on our website:
http://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html .

If you'd like to work on any of these ideas, or would like to suggest
your own project, please write to LilyPond development mailing list
(address@hidden) to discuss this in detail.  There are two
other students interested in working on LilyPond during GSoC, so you
may want to join the discussion in these threads:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-03/msg00045.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-03/msg00165.html

We're looking forward to hearing from you,
Janek