summer-of-code

[gnu-soc] GNU has been accepted in GSOC 2024

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: [gnu-soc] GNU has been accepted in GSOC 2024
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:06:53 +0100

Hello people.

So, once again, we have been accepted as a mentoring organization in the
Google Summer of Code.

Next step is for interested GNU projects to send ideas (or links to
ideas pages) along with mentors.  We will then invite the mentors to the
program.

Please make sure to have the 175 hour (medium), 350 hour (large)
projects and 90 hour (small) projects labeled correctly on your Ideas
list.

Timeline:

Now - March 18: Proactive participants will reach out to us and ask
questions about our ideas list and receive feedback from us so they can
start crafting their project proposals.

March 19 - April 2 18:00 UTC: Potential GSoC contributors will submit
their proposals through the program website for us to give solid
feedback on.

April 2 - 23: Review all submitted GSoC Contributor proposals with our
org and consider how many we want to select and how many we can handle
(how many we have committed mentors for).

April 24 18:00 UTC: Deadline to submit ranked slot requests.