Re: [Swftools-common] How to add audio to existing swf which has been cr

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] How to add audio to existing swf which has been created with vnc2swf?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:07:49 +0200

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 12:49:44PM -0700, Kevin Minney wrote:
> However, I now need to add audio to my swf. I cannot do a live audio
> recording as my Linux box is located some 200ft away from my office.
> (Microphone lead won't reach!). So I am planning to record the audio to
> mp3 on my Windows2000 laptop at a later date and add then audio to the
> swf which I recorded using vnc2swf.

If you have a Cygwin installation (>= 1.5.10) on your Windows box,
you should also be able to do something like

(Windows side)
    nc linuxserver 999 < /dev/dsp

(Linux side)
    mkfifo pipe.mp3
    nc -l -p 999 | lame -r -s 44.1 -bitwidth 16 -b 160 - pipe.mp3
    vnc2swf -soundfile pipe.mp3

According to the vnc2swf documentation, you will need some
ming-input-stream.patch for this, though.

If the above does not work, you can (as you suggested) also add the
audio at a later date with swftools.
If you have the audio in a file called audio.wav, and the vnc2swf
recording in video.swf, do a

    wav2swf `swfdump -r video.swf` audio.wav -o audio.swf
    swfcombine -Tm video.swf audio.swf -o audio_plus_video.swf

> BTW I did try 'vnc2swf -soundfile audio.mp3 out.swf' to add some
> background audio while I recorded my vnc desktop but this is crashing
> with a segmentation violation for some reason,

This is something which should be sent to the vnc2swf maintainer.