Re: [Swftools-common] How to add audio to existing swf which has been cr

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] How to add audio to existing swf which has been created with vnc2swf?
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:39:35 +0200

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 11:35:50AM -0700, Kevin Minney wrote:
> thanks for your help, I will have to install Cygwin as I don't have this
> installed at the moment. I checked the Cygwin website and it say that
> the latest is 1.5.09, where do I get >= 1.5.10 from?

Good question. I just know that /dev/dsp is (will be) in 1.5.10.
Seems though that that one isn't actually out yet...

So, in order to make it work with 1.5.9, try to replace "cat /dev/dsp"
with "record.exe" in my previous example.
(record.exe is a small C++ Program I just hacked down and compiled with MingW.
 Hopefully it works- I currently don't have access to a real Windows system
 to test it. :)
 It's at
    http://www.quiss.org/tmp/record.exe
 .
)

> I will also have to install swftools as I will need to in order to have
> access to swfdump. Is the install on a Linux bix straightforward? (I had
> lots of problem installing ming0.2a-2, I gave up trying to get the
> makefile version to install, in the end I found a rpm package that
> worked for me). I am not a developer, just and end user and I find these
> install processes very confusing/difficult.

swftools *should* run out of the box, after the usual
"./configure; make; make install" ritual, especially since you only need
swfcombine, wav2swf and swfdump, which don't require any special libraries.