[Swftools-common] font problems / pdf2swf / os x

From: Markus Kuhnert
Subject: [Swftools-common] font problems / pdf2swf / os x
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 04:17:31 +0100

hello :) i'm new to your list. i finally got pdf2swf running on os x 10.3.8
and everything is great so far!!

...except some major font problems...

the most recent version (0.6.3) of swftools is installed.

pdf2swf doesn't accept any of the fonts we're using by putting them into the
font folder (or specifying a folder containing these). I've even tried to
convert them to ttf but everything is garbled then.

most (95%) of the fonts we're using are Mac Postscript Fonts/suitcases.

I've also tried the "-s forceType0Fonts=1"-option (force use of embedded
fonts), which unfortunately only works for TrueType and OpenType-fonts and
looks pretty good, even works for chinese fonts. If there is also a
PostScript font embedded, the font looks garbled (and pdf2swf spits out some
errors too, like " Didn't find character 'i' (c=73,u=105) in current charset
(XIDDLW+HelveticaNeue-Light, 36 characters)")...

is there a way to get it running with PostScript-Fonts too? We'd like to
convert a ton of Indesign/Quark documents to swf via pdf...

thanks!

-Markus