AW: [Swftools-common] font problems / pdf2swf / os x

From: Markus Kuhnert
Subject: AW: [Swftools-common] font problems / pdf2swf / os x
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:04:05 +0100

Hi Matthias!

I think its the same problem Philippe reports.

This is what Acrobat says about the font in document properties/fonts:

HelveticaNeueCE-UltraLight (Eingebettete Untergruppe)
Typ: Type 1 (CID)
Kodierung: Identity-H

Unfortunately fonts on the Mac don't have any file extensions. Additionally,
those fonts are stored in most cases in "suitcases", which is different than
on PC. I've added two screenshots.

Great would be if there was a way pdf2swf would force use the embedded
fonts.

I've found a workaround though: I've simply converted those fonts with
fontlabs TransType Pro (www.fontlab.com) to a ttf font and stored them in
the pdf2swf font folder.

greetings!

-Markus