Re: [Swftools-common] font problems / pdf2swf / os x

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] font problems / pdf2swf / os x
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:16:52 +0100

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 09:04:05PM +0100, Markus Kuhnert wrote:
> This is what Acrobat says about the font in document properties/fonts:
>
> HelveticaNeueCE-UltraLight (Eingebettete Untergruppe)
> Typ: Type 1 (CID)
> Kodierung: Identity-H
>
> Unfortunately fonts on the Mac don't have any file extensions. Additionally,
> those fonts are stored in most cases in "suitcases", which is different than
> on PC. I've added two screenshots.

But the fonts themselves are still files, right? Would it help if the
-F option wouldn't consider file extensions at all when selecting files?
(I.e., just try to read *every* file in the -F directory?)

> Great would be if there was a way pdf2swf would force use the embedded
> fonts.

There's the "-s forceType0Fonts" option- if you specify that, all fonts
that are embedded should be used. If you specifiy that and still suspect
that pdf2swf isn't using some embedded fonts, please do send me the
corresponding pdf, as that would mean that you have found a bug.