Re: [Swftools-common] Planning to package swftools for Debian

From: Simo Kauppi
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Planning to package swftools for Debian
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:04:05 +0200

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 05:46:54PM +0100, Matthias Kramm wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 01:11:00PM +0200, Simo Kauppi wrote:
> > I'm planning to package swftools for Debian and I have a couple of
> > questions.
>
> That's good news. Which version are you going to package? 0.7.0?

Yes, 0.7.0, I'm planning to make an official Debian package with
--disable-lame, and not building the avi2swf and wav2swf binaries.

I'll also package the unofficial swftools-nonfree, which will depend on
the liblame.

> > Is there any special reason that RFX_CHECK_FREETYPE,
> > RFX_CHECK_FONTCONFIG, RFX_CHECK_MING and RFX_CHECK_PYTHON macros are not
> > in the m4/ directory?
>
> Check out the CVS version, which does contain all the necessary scripts
> in m4/.

OK, I'll have a look.

> > Is there any documentation (other than the online examples) for using
> > the rfxswf library and the Python wrapper? I mean something that could
> > be included in the sw package (like earlier there were some example
> > codes)?
>
> Nothing I'm aware of. Especially documentation for the Python wrapper is
> still lacking, unforunately.

OK, I'll leave the Python wrapper out of the official package as well
(for now; I'll add it later as it's own librfxswf-python binary).

> Greetings
>
> Matthias

Thanks a lot,
Simo