Re: [Swftools-common] Planning to package swftools for Debian

From: Simo Kauppi
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Planning to package swftools for Debian
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:45:15 +0200

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 05:46:54PM +0100, Matthias Kramm wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 01:11:00PM +0200, Simo Kauppi wrote:
> > Is there any special reason that RFX_CHECK_FREETYPE,
> > RFX_CHECK_FONTCONFIG, RFX_CHECK_MING and RFX_CHECK_PYTHON macros are not
> > in the m4/ directory?
>
> Check out the CVS version, which does contain all the necessary scripts
> in m4/.
>
> (Thanks for pointing this out, however; I guess it's a bit misleading
>  that right now the development snapshots do contain the configure.in
>  script, but not the m4 files to run it through autoconf. I guess
>  I'll either remove the configure.in from the snapshots, too, or add
>  the scripts in m4/ to them, in order to not confuse anybody)
>
> Greetings
>
> Matthias

The swftools is now packaged for Debian. I haven't found a sponsor from
debian-mentors, so it is not officially included in Debian yet.

I made two sets of packages, the official and the nonfree versions. The
difference is, that the nonfree version depends on liblame. The official
version does not depend on liblame, and does not have wav2swf and
avi2swf binaries (they are build from the official source, if the user
has liblame-dev though).

Could you Matthias have a look at the notes on the changes I made for
the Debian build: http://www.iki.fi/simppa/debian-swftools/changes/,
and let me know if there is something that could break any of the
tools. (You can email me to swk (at) nic.fi in the matters, which might
not interest the list).

Hopefully some of the changes can be implemented in the original
swftools. I'm willing to help in any way I can.

Please keep the m4 macros in the tarball, so I can use the latest
autotools as suggested by Debian.

The official version works in Debian etch and sid. The unofficial
version requires avifile from sid and liblame from unofficial. If
there is need, I can backport the official version to sarge as well.

Any feedback and suggestions for improvement concerning the Debian
packages are very welcome.

Official: http://www.iki.fi/simppa/debian-swftools/
Nonfree: http://www.iki.fi/simppa/debian-swftools/nonfree/

BR,