[Swftools-common] PDF2SWF textSnapshot issue – ret urns the text without

From: Ananth Palanisamy
Subject: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF textSnapshot issue – ret urns the text without any spaces
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:44:56 +0530

Hi,

We are working on the dictionary based PDF files. We have successfully implemented the Text highlight functionality.

We are trying to implement the exact search term match. It is perfectly working in the most of the PDF files.  But it is not working in some PDF files. We are tried to identify the issue. We have extracted the text in flex. Then only we identified all the spaces are removed while access the SWF text. Say for example

Actual text in the SWF file- “This is sample SWF text”

But it returns like this - “ThisissampleSWFtext”.

We have tried to extract the text from the PDF file for cross verification. Those tools are returned the text with spaces.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

I have attached the PDF file which creates the issue.

Thanks in advance

--
Regards

ANANTH P