Re: [Swftools-common] Flash version 8 and actionscript event handlers

From: Dr. Alex Sheppard
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Flash version 8 and actionscript event handlers
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 13:05:18 +0100

Hi Chris,

    Fixed!!

    Funnily enough, your reply prompted me to try something and that fixed it.

    I was attaching handlers with actionscript e.g. "mybutton. { <do something> };"
This was ok for 'version=6', but for 'version=8' the function names become case sensitive?? 'onrelease' no longer works, but 'onRelease' works fine.

    I'm probably preaching to the converted here, but i'm new to flash, and i think swftools is great - i was quickly able to learn enough to produce nice looking and functional swfs.

Alex

Dr. Alex Sheppard
Mob: 0775 1074054
www.das-computer.co.uk

Chris Pugh wrote:
Are you referring to such as,

  .on_release:

   on_press

Alex?

Tends to be with version 9 upward that you have to amend the way you
handle events.
Version 9 brought Actionscript 3:

   http://www.adobe.com/devnet/swf/pdf/swf_file_format_spec_v9.pdf

TTBOMK up to ( and including ) version 8.. nein probleme!

How about pasting an example of exactly what it is that you are doing?

Regards,

Chris.