Re: [Swftools-common] Links Issue pdf2swf

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Links Issue pdf2swf
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:49:12 +0100

I tested pdf2swf conversion on a copy of the original file,

    http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html#docs_10.4

Everything is good, and that includes all the links, both internal AND
external.

Conclusion:  This is not an swftools problem.

Either you or iText itself is screwing up the pdf creation/splitting.   Example:
how come your split pdf has a full table of contents listing, yet only has 10
pages in it?  Doesn't look right at all.  Any wonder you have broken references!

As to wishing to do external linking inside your created swf ( to
other swf files),
well now, at a rough guess, I'd say someone has a fair bit of ActionScript
programming to do!  ;o)

Regards,

Chris.