RE: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: Fonts seem bolder in latest version

From: Tony Stallan
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: Fonts seem bolder in latest version
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:05:57 -0400

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the quick reply and the workaround

The problem also happens in a black on white scenario, in fact that's where I
first noticed it.

You can see an example at

http://www.clearviewis.com/fonts2.jpg

The text from the earlier version seems less harsh which looks better when
viewing a whole page.

However, when comparing the SWF from the latest version with the original PDF
at the same visible size the text looks exactly the same so well done on
performing a exact match ;-)

Also in my tests the latest version is a bit faster, the file sizes are very
similar and the conversion does seem to produce a more accurate conversion so
again well done.

Regards

Tony