[Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: Fonts seem bolder in latest version

From: Tony Stallan
Subject: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: Fonts seem bolder in latest version
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 17:35:17 -0400

Hi Folks,

I was just running a comparison of the latest windows build (Jun 10) against an older version that I am currently using (Aug 09)

One of the most obvious difference I can see is that the fonts seem bolder in the latest version.

You can see what I mean in a screen shot of the text from 2 SWFs at

http://www.clearviewis.com/fonts.jpg

I'm using the same switches to create both SWFs

pdf2swf.exe mypdf.pdf -F fonts -p 2 -T9 -o test.swf

If I remove the -T9 then the fonts look exactly the same, however I need to define the Flash version so removing it is not an option.

When you zoom right in, the fonts look the same but when viewing the full page the "boldness" is a bit overwhelming.

Has anyone else seen this and have any ideas.

Regards

Tony