Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: Fonts seem bolder in latest version

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: Fonts seem bolder in latest version
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 17:27:15 -0700

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 05:35:17PM -0400, Tony Stallan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was just running a comparison of the latest windows build (Jun 10)
> against an older version that I am currently using (Aug 09)
>
> One of the most obvious difference I can see is that the fonts seem
> bolder in the latest version.

Right now whether FlashType (i.e., Flash 8+9 font rendering)
or the older Flash font renderer is to be used is determined
by a compile-time flag .

I guess I can make this a command line parameter if you really prefer
the non-FlashType fonts.
(They *do* look weird white-on-black like in your screenshot- I like
 them better in the black-on-white scenario, though)

A workaround in the meantime is converting the file targeting Flash 7
and then adjusting the version to 9:
    pdf2swf -T7 file.pdf -o file.swf
    swfcombine -d --flashversion 9 file.swf -o file.swf