Re: [Swftools-common] How To PDF2SWF Batch File Convert?

From: Junaid Nazir
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] How To PDF2SWF Batch File Convert?
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:16:44 +0000

Thanks for your input Chris.

Sometimes developers will engage in forums and mailing lists to help other users out, without expecting any financial reward in return.  For example, we have made use of or been involved in a number of open source projects and we have spent time on relevant forums and helped other newcomers get up and running.

Likewise, we were testing the possibility of using FlexPaper to embed PDF documents, which makes use of PDF2SWF.  We did some research and came up with a solution that we shared back with the community on the relevant Google Groups forum for the FlexPaper project.

For anyone else in a similar situation, you can save the following command as a bat file, i.e.  pdf2swf.bat

FOR /R  %%I in (*.pdf) DO @"C:\SWFTools\pdf2swf.exe" "%%~fI" -o "%%~dpI%%~nI.swf" -f -T 9 -t -G -s storeallcharacters

and if the pdf2swf.bat file is placed in a System PATH directory, you can simply open up command prompt, change to the directory where the PDF files are located and simply type pdf2swf and hit enter to convert all pdf files in the folder and sub-folders into swf files which are ready to be used by FlexPaper.

Best regards,

Junaid Nazir

SuperStoreSearch Team
--------------------------
Merchant Support

www.superstoresearch.com | Online Shopping Guide

Email:   address@hidden
Phone:  0798 555 333 0

+ + + + +
SuperStoreSearch on Facebook & Twitter:
http://www.facebook.com/SuperStoreSearch
http://twitter.com/Guidester

Buzz Shopping Blog:
Interesting technology news, how to guides, tips and popular product comparisons & reviews.
http://www.superstoresearch.com/buzz/
+ + + + +

On 10 November 2010 18:06, Chris <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:26:23 +0000
>Junaid Nazir <address@hidden> wrote:

> We are using the FlexPaper flash viewer (to display PDF files), but part of
> the process is to convert the original PDF files to SWF.  To convert a
> single PDF file we would use this at the command prompt:
>
> *C:\SWFTools\pdf2swf.exe Paper.pdf -o Paper.swf -f -T 9 -t -G -s
> storeallcharacters
>
> *However, what is the syntax to process multiple files in batch?  We have
> several thousand PDF files to convert listed under a folder.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Junaid Nazir
>
> SuperStoreSearch Team
> --------------------------
> Merchant Support

Hmm.  IMHO this isn't a question directly related to SWFTools.  More a support
question ( from a  commercial support entity ) on how to write a batch file in
Windows! ;o)

Let's see now.. what'll it be.. commercial support @ £45.00 per enquiry..  advice
and script assistance FOC.. all plus VAT at 17.5% ( take advantage, it'll be 20%
as from 4th January 2011 ), with all monies payable to the swftools project?
Fair would you say? ;o)

Of course, you could save on the above fee, with a spot of DIY, as in bringing
up the command prompt in whatever version of Windows you are running, typing
the word 'Help', then having a jolly good read.

Try this line in a .bat file, and see if it gives you a kick in the right
direction,

  FOR %%f IN ([Directory Path to pdfs]) DO echo "hello %%f"

When ready, simply substitute your pdf2swf command at the appropriate place.

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.
--