[Swftools-common] Re: How to differentiate between the three types of hy

From: Hans Nuecke (vservu)
Subject: [Swftools-common] Re: How to differentiate between the three types of hyperlinks?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:42:17 +0100

Hi,
sorry if this question was answered before, but if so I was unable to find that answer...

PDF files can contain different types of links:
1. internal links (in-document links) to a specified page number; defined as a number
2. internal links to a named tag. Called "target" in Acrobat and "text anchor" in InDesign; as far as I know/understood.
3. external links to an URL (or a file in the file system).

I know how to use externallinkfunction to call a AS3 script and to handle 1.) and 3.) with that script in differentiating between both link types by the first character:
if it is a digit, it's treated as page number; if it is a character,  it is used as URL.

But how to use named links?
Is the "named link - page number" reference table available after the conversion?
How to differentiate between named links (character string) and URLs (character string as well). Parsing for http://?
Is it possible to ask pdf2swf to convert named links to absolute page numbers?
Should the translation of name to page number be done before the conversion? Any ideas if a tool is already available for that?

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for your hints!

Hans