synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] signature switch in synaptic

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] signature switch in synaptic
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:35:12 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Slobo wrote:

> rpm http://download.fedora.us/fedora fedora/1/i386 os updates stable
> rpm http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/downloads/apt fedora-1-i386 gnome
> extras depends
> rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/1/i386 stable unstable testing
>
> ---
>
> Did UpdateList, chose acme-2.4.1, install, execute, it is downloaded
> from second mentioned repo and finally I got message:
>
> Error:1 unsigned packages
> 0 unknown signatures
> 0 illegal/corrupted signatures
>
> What to do here? The same is for anjuta-1.2.0 package . I know I can
> install all them by hand in
> /etc/cache/apt/archives but hey, wait a minute ;)) there must be some
> solution - maybe switching off somewhere
> signature checking at last resort or something more elegant?

If it was about unknown signatures you could just locate the keys and rpm
--import them, however in this case the problem is that the packages
aren't signed at all. Must be the ones from
http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/downloads/apt since I know all fedora.us
and rpm.livna.org packages are signed. So there's not much you can do
except turn on signature checking: set RPM::GPG-Check to "false" in
/etc/apt/apt.conf. Long term, you might kindly request that Matthew starts
signing his packages.

        - Panu -