synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic and GTK+ 2.6

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic and GTK+ 2.6
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:58:15 +0100

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:47:23PM +0000, Christian Metzen wrote:
> Hello There!
Hi,

> First i would like to say thanks to all of you, we are now using
> Synaptic for nearly a year now and it works fine for our needs.

Thanks, good to hear.

> We are now in the Process of upgrading to gtk+ 2.6, but it seems that
> Synaptic doesn't like that yet. This is the Output it generates:
[..]

This is actually a libglade2 problem. Have you tested to upgrade to
libglade 2.4.1? It should fix the problem (I run
2.5). Gtk/Glade/Libglade are not always as much in sync as one
hopes. And apparently synaptic is a early adopter for some of the
glade features.

> Any Ideas for that yet? I already tried the 0.56pre1 Version and theres
> the same Problem too. Everything else based on GTK works fine so far.
> Getting a Solution for that would be very fine, because we can't upgrade
> before Synaptic, as the Package Management Core works again!

Please contact me again if the libglade upgrade does not fix the
problem. I'm sure we find a solution quickly.

bye,
 Michael