synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] 0.56-pre2 bugs and translation

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] 0.56-pre2 bugs and translation
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:17:33 +0100

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 03:25:45PM +0100, Gabor Kelemen wrote:
> Hi!
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your testing and your feedback!

> Some bugs i have found in pre2:
> -there is a typo in:
>  #: gtk/rguserdialog.cc:72
> msgid "The following problems where found on your system:"
> where should be were.

This is a new generic message when libapt reported problems in a
operation. I'm not overly happy with the wording and open for good
ideas :)

> - make update-po doesn't work, because gtk/dialog_conffile.glade was not
> removed from POTFILES.in

I added the dialog_conffile to the tarball, it will be part of the
next release (you can get it now from svn at:
https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic/trunk/gtk/dialog_conffile.glade

> - the "downloading package files" window can't be resized if "Show
> progress of single files" is not dropped down.

This is actually a "feature". My reasoning was that there is no need
to resize it if it only show the progressbar.

> - in the new distribution dialog, the tooltips for the radiobuttons are
> not in synaptic.pot. The "Commit Log for..." text on the top of logfiles
> too.

The distribution tooltips are fixed in svn.

> - the history window displays incorrectly the log: i have some logfiles
> created in december, and some created in januar, but i see only december
> in the drop-down list. But, the logs from januar are there, under the
> name of december, which name changes, if i click on an entry under it
> and move the mouse over the name - it's completely crazy :).
> I have put online my .synaptic/log directory at:
> http://delfin.unideb.hu/~kg0021/synaptic/
> maybe it's helps correcting/reproducing this bug. A hungarian
> translation is here too.

Thanks for this and the logs.  When I try to download a file, I get a
"403 Forbidden". When I have it, I'll see if I can reproduce it.

> - If i open the History, on the terminal i see many times the next:
> (synaptic:26935): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set cell text from markup
> due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 9: Invalid UTF-8
> encoded text
> Don't know, what is this, but probably another bug.

I'll have a look too, I have a idea already :)

thanks a lot!
 Michael