synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] 0.56-pre2 bugs and translation

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] 0.56-pre2 bugs and translation
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:49:03 +0100

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 03:25:45PM +0100, Gabor Kelemen wrote:
> Hi!
Hi,

> - the "downloading package files" window can't be resized if "Show
> progress of single files" is not dropped down.

I set the window fixed size so that when you click on the expander to
see the details of the progress the window is resized correctly. If I
don't set the window fixed on expander colapse the window will stay
the old size (the size with the expander expanded) and the area that
contained the table with the download details is gray. I'll see if I
find a solution that solves both problems.

> - the history window displays incorrectly the log: i have some logfiles
> created in december, and some created in januar, but i see only december
> in the drop-down list. But, the logs from januar are there, under the
> name of december, which name changes, if i click on an entry under it
> and move the mouse over the name - it's completely crazy :).

I fixed (at least) one problem with the building of the history
view. It's commited to svn, it would be very nice if you could test
it. It seems to work now for me (with your logs).

> - If i open the History, on the terminal i see many times the next:
> (synaptic:26935): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set cell text from markup
> due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 9: Invalid UTF-8
> encoded text
> Don't know, what is this, but probably another bug.

Yes, this was a different problem. It should be fixed in svn now
too. Thanks a lot for finding those bugs :)

bye,
 Michael