texi2latex-dev

[Texi2LaTeX-dev] makeindex.bat

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: [Texi2LaTeX-dev] makeindex.bat
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:19:13 -0400 (EDT)

I'm happy to contribute to this project, thanks for allowing me to join
the effort.  Below are my first questions and comments about texi2latex.
They are concerned with makeindex.

I had trouble with the makeindex.bat file.  Running it I get:

$ sh makeindex.bat
Index style file texi2latex.ist not found.
Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0
idx1 ...]
$ locate texi2latex.ist
/home/ashawley/texi2latex/texi2latex.ist
/usr/local/share/texmf/makeindex/texi2latex.ist

Removing the '-s texi2latex.ist' command-line option in the script or
specifying the full-path to the "sty" file had it work fine in my tests.
I'm not extremely familiar with the `makeindex' or TeX tools to know
what's correct.

Finally, why isn't the LaTeX command \makeindex used in the header of the
output file, which is suggested by most LaTeX2e documentation?

/a