Re: 6.0 release

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 6.0 release
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 12:17:38 +0300

> Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 00:04:52 +0100
> From: Gavin Smith <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> On 8 May 2015 at 00:00, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Perhaps we should make one more pretest anyway, with Gavin's latest
> > commits.  Gavin, would you like to try to get through the process, for
> > the experience of doing it as much as the actual result?
>
> Okay then.

I see a possible problem in the texindex script:

  awk_binary=
  awk_envvar=$TEXINDEX_AWK
  if test -n "$awk_envvar"; then
    if test -s "$awk_envvar"; then
      awk_binary=$awk_envvar
    else
      echo "$0: TEXINDEX_AWK environment variable set, but value" >&2
      echo "$0: is not a readable non-empty file; ignoring: $awk_envvar" >&2
    fi
  fi
  #
  # else use configured value for awk.
  if test -z "$awk_binary"; then
    awk_configured="gawk"  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  fi
  #
  # that should never be empty, but just in case, else fall back to plain
  # "awk".  (Let's not go to the trouble of searching PATH unless we get
  # reports of problems.)
  test -z "$awk_binary" && awk_binary=awk

I believe the highlighted line should set awk_binary, not
awk_configured (the latter is never used in the rest of the script).

Am I missing something?