Re: 6.0 release

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 6.0 release
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 18:31:48 +0300

> Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 16:11:41 +0100
> From: Gavin Smith <address@hidden>
> Cc: Aharon Robbins <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> On 10 May 2015 at 15:55, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > No, it contains 2 characters: a backslash followed by 't'.  This isn;t
> > a Posix shell we are talking about, so the "\t" part was passed to the
> > script verbatim.
>
> It contains one character.

Maybe I'm missing something.  What I meant was that Gawk is passed 2
characters on its command line.

> > The Windows shell features that take file names apart produce
> > backslashes, not forward slashes.  So the batch file I wrote cannot
> > use forward slashes.
>
> I didn't realise that the shell script "texindex" wasn't being used.

It cannot be used on Windows because the Windows shell will be unable
to run it.  So I wrote a replacement script for Windows.

> Is there any way of escaping backslashes in a Windows batch file?

They are directory separators, so how can they be escaped?

Or maybe I misunderstand your question.

Anyway, I don't want to tie up too much of your resources: if there's
no good solution for this problem, the value of Invocation_name on
Windows will exclude leading directories.  In fact, what I committed a
few minutes ago already does that.