Re: [Texmacs-dev] Help proposed

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Help proposed
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:13:28 +0200

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:45:45PM +0200, Stéphane Payrard wrote:
> On (07/10/02 22:12), Eric Roger wrote:
> > Do you have a newsgroup server that I could use? Apparently uklinux
> > don't have your discussion group for the moment and I feel as if I'm
> > talking in the dark. Can a voice lighten my way so that I can help?
>
> I don't know if there is a gateway to news.

AFAIK there is no TeXmacs related newsgroup. But I do not really see
the point in creating one for the moment. The user and mailing lists
already are enough for our needs.

One may argue newsgroups are better (or not) for John Doe, but the
fact is that there are very few knowledgeable people about TeXmacs,
they are here, and they lack time even to animate the mailing lists.

If you want to contribute, it all depend on the amount of time and
energy you are willing to invest in the project...

The Wiki is definitely a good starting point. Helping on the
documentation (texmacs-doc on CVS) would also be a good place to start
since that do not require to be a code wizard and is a good way to
learn about the program.

Anyway, welcome. We do need your help here :-)

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org