[Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault

From: Igor V. Kovalenko
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:20:09 +0400

Ste'phane Payrard wrote:
When, I come to think of it, I had the same problem (crash at saving
time) a few weeks ago on Mandrake cooker. It disappeared when updating
to a later cooker version.  I don't know what was the difference.

gcc 3.2 is fairly new, so the jury is still
out to determine what is the cause of some other problems.
My bet is that some bugs just uncover other latent ones.

I do think there is some race in the code, may be more than one.
I still have a crash that disappears when I run "texmacs -d myfile.tm"
instead of plain "texmacs myfile.tm". May be a trace of some asynchronous
initialization dependence bug. Traces show that some "eb->" dereference
a NULL pointer, might be that some edit box not created yet. Sorry, it
is hard to reproduce, but I can try on request...

--
Regards,
Igor V. Kovalenko    mailto: iko at crec dot mipt dot ru