Re: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault

From: Igor V. Kovalenko
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:16:17 +0300

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
I tried to use guile-1.3.4 now and the result is not more promissing.
Can you please specify what arguments do you pass to guile configure script?

In fact, I did *not* recompile Guile with gcc 3.2;
I just linked with the guile library which was already present on my disk.
Maybe this explains why it worked for me and that the bug is really in Guile.

So let's assume that your guile-1.3.4 compiled with it's gcc was OK :)
Can you please tell what package that guile was from?
Can you please also try to determine the compiler version from library? Say,
   strings -a /usr/lib/libguile.so.9.0.0 |grep GCC|sort|uniq
or
   strings -a /usr/lib/libguile.a |grep GCC|sort|uniq

BTW, I had also tried to valgrind texmacs.bin, and there is a question:
where does edit_interface_rep::env_change have it's first-time initialization?

That is an awful good question!
This seems to be a bug, so I added it in the constructor;
strange that this never lead to any problems...

You may want to meet valgrind in a more private manner :)

--
Regards,
Igor V. Kovalenko    mailto: iko at crec dot mipt dot ru