Re: [Texmacs-dev] Translations

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Translations
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:41:23 +0100

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 05:15:27PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > I would really like if you can tell us what you are up to.
>
> I have no time to explain this now, but I promise you that it will be much
> better and not very hard to implement. It is rather the systematic
> migration to such a new implementations which will cost a few days.
> So wait and see...

That is very frustrating when you say that.

Offtopic: a few monthes ago, you said something similar about problems
with encoding regarding unicode support (for XML). I am still waiting
for some information on that issue...

> Well, "Help -> Help us -> Internationalization",
> or "http://www.texmacs.org/Web/Contribute.html"; (Translations),
> or "http://www.texmacs.org/Web/Manual.html"; (tool).

Thanks.

> > What I really mean is using GUI tools like KBabel which do ease
> > maintenance of localizations a lot, but are based on PO.
>
> Yes, so if someone can find the appropriate database of such .po files,
> or constitute one for us, that would be great.

Free softwary is such a great thing.

mkdir kde
export CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/home/kde
cvs login
cvs co kde-i18n

Well, actually you would rather quite not do that since you are not
interested in all the languages supported by KDE.

If you want more information about KDE CVS mirrors and recommanded cvs
settings for good netizens, see:

    http://developer.kde.org/source/anoncvs.html

You may also retrieve the gnome-i18n CVS tree. I did not found the CVS
access information, but I found the web interface:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/rview.cgi?cvsroot=/cvs/gnome&dir=gnome-i18n

You may get the the list of all po files in the GNOME CVS tree at:

http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/find?string=%5C.po%24

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org