[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs under Cygwin SUCCESS!

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs under Cygwin SUCCESS!
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:47:34 -0500

On 2002/11/13 Wed PM 12:06:34 EST David Allouche
<address@hidden> wrote:

> This problem is well known. You need to add the -lltdl
> link flag which is not provided by `guile-config link`.
>
> http://ddaa.net/texmacs/doc/cygwin.html#ltdl
>
> So the faulty GUILE release is 1.4.1.... I though it was 1.4 and I
> recommanded using 1.4.1... my bad.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Yes, that was the final problem and the make completed
successfully. To get texmacs to run, I also had to make
three changes to my /usr/profile as shown below.

--------

$ cat /etc/profile
PATH="/usr/src/TeXmacs-1.0.0.21-src/TeXmacs-1.0.0.21/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin
:/bin:$PATH"

export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/usr/local/share/guile/1.4.1
export TEXMACS_PATH=/usr/src/TeXmacs-1.0.0.21-src/TeXmacs-1.0.0.21
cd"$HOME"

--------

Then I exited cygwin and restarted. Started up the xserver
with

  startx&

and type

  texmacs

in one of the console windows and voila! TeXmacs does it's
final installation screen and here I am reading "Welcome to
GNU TeXmacs".

Thank you everyone for your help. When someone gets a
chance to update the cygwin page at the texmacs web site
I think it will save some people a lot of trouble, but in
the mean time may this exchange of messages will help
others to "find their way".

Cheers,
Bill Page.