RE: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs under Cygwin SUCCESS!

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs under Cygwin SUCCESS!
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:31:37 -0500

On Friday, November 15, 2002 5:53 AM
Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > What works for me now is printing to a tempfile
> > and then printing that file with the command
> >
> >   $ print tempfile.ps
> >
> > There's got to be a better way. I am still
> > working on this. Can I configure TeXmacs to
> > do this more directly? Anyone have some ideas?
>
> You may configure this in Edit->Preferences->Printer

So far I have been unable to find any documentation
on the format of the print command that I am
supposed to supply in the menu option. None of the
various things I have tried, e.g.

  print
  cat > //mycomputer/myprinter

none of these have worked even though they do
work when used from the shell.

Cygwin has some known limitations when it comes
to printing. Perhaps that is the reason?

Could you give me an example of what you think
should work?

Thanks.

Bill Page.