[Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs installation problem

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs installation problem
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:24:42 +0100

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 05:09:37PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > > Note: Cygwin setup installed guile-1.6.0 by default and
> > > this of course causes problems with texmacs installation.
> >
> > I plan to investigate compilation on Cygwin soon, since there seem to
> > be a lot of problems at the moment. That will probably lead to the
> > production of one more patch and an update on my website.
>
> Thanks. Maybe you can improve the following page too, when ready:
>
>       http://www.texmacs.org/Download/Cygwin.html
>
> The page is not yet officially listed, but we will do this as soon as
> it becomes sufficiently suitable for non-expert users.

Some time ago you seemed willing to hand over administration of the
website to a contributor (I believe it was Alvaro). I see gnu.org[1]
has an CVS accessible[2] version of the website (though it is very old).

   [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/texmacs/
   [2]
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs//software/texmacs/?cvsroot=www.gnu.org

Why not move the maintenance of the website to Savannah? There are
many things I would like to fix on it, and we could also use it
directly as a repository for user contributions.

You could easily synchronize the texmacs.org website with the CVS
using a tool like sitecopy (granted you have FTP access to
texmacs.org). And we could probably arrange domain name transfer with
the admins at gnu.org.

But in the current setup I have little motivation to improve the
texmacs.org website.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org