Re: [Texmacs-dev] HTML, XML, XSLT (was: texmacs installation problem)

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] HTML, XML, XSLT (was: texmacs installation problem)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:49:52 +0100 (MET)

> My question is if math is being considered in the whole discussion, or
> only the most basic HTML structure, so that the website (which is simple
> in structure) can  be exported from TeXmacs. Would XSLT be able to
> generate a reasonable representation for math? (note that alqua.com
> pages use the mathematical features of HTML 3.2, not images. Hevea or
> TTH prefer this approach, while LaTeX2html uses raster formats for the
> formulas).

I really think that TeXmacs should generate MathML. Even though this
is a complex standard, it starts to be implemented by the most standard
browsers like Mozilla.

This does not entirely solve the problem: we have to find a solution for
how to display content which is not handled by a format; maybe images indeed.

Notice that if we generate correct MathML, then other tools might convert
that into images too...