Re: [Texmacs-dev] HTML, XML, XSLT (was: texmacs installation problem)

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] HTML, XML, XSLT (was: texmacs installation problem)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 15:28:16 +0100 (MET)

> All of this leads to the question: is direct export from TeXmacs to
> MathML feasable (indirect export via TeX is (almost) possible already)?
> I think that is possible but requires a lot of work; whether you do it
> via XSLT or not.

Yes, this is again possible. The bulk of the work is again to build
a database with all characters. Transforming a TeXmacs formula into
a graphically correct MathML formula should be straightforward.
Another important part of the work should deal with semantics.
This presupposes writing a parser of "correct mathematical content"
inside TeXmacs (we may later support several parsers depending on
the mathematical language being used). The resulting parse tree
should be easy to transform into MathML.