Re: tx fonts [Re: [Texmacs-dev] txexa font]

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: tx fonts [Re: [Texmacs-dev] txexa font]
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:37:56 +0200 (CEST)

> In fact, the tx fonts form an alternative for the standard
> mathematical fonts
>
>       http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/fonts/txfonts/doc/txfontsdoc.pdf
>
> This may be interesting when we want to produce nice-looking pdf files.

Can you please try to figure out how to produce the t1xr, etc. fonts?
That might be a step forward to the production of pdf files.
I never knew how to transform virtual fonts into tfm/pk fonts
which are understood by TeXmacs.

Notice also that there is a difference between cmex and txex.
I therefore doubt that the extension character for braces in txexa
will be compatible with the brace ends in cmex.