Re: tx fonts [Re: [Texmacs-dev] txexa font]

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: tx fonts [Re: [Texmacs-dev] txexa font]
Date: 13 May 2003 16:39:41 -0600

> To get the proper rendering you *really* have to create bitmaps for
> the composite characters. Of course, that is not going to work well if
> we want a continous range of braces (not a discrete one), but anyway I
> do not think the font model would support this anyway.

I wonder though:  We could treat the \bracext character as a special
case, because it's so simple.  We could stretch its bitmap in only the x
direction using a simple blt stretch, because however the antialiasing
algorithm decides to vertically render a single column of pixels must be
the same for all columns of pixels.  So, we can stretch the bitmap ad
infinitum and continue to claim that it is correctly rendered.  It's
like those Web site backgrounds that consist of a long, pixel-thin,
vertical gradient which, when tiled, appears as a vertical gradient
across the entire page.