[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs For Windows

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs For Windows
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:33:08 -0400

Dan,

What support (if any) does the current windows beta
version of TeXmacs have for "sessions"? Under the
menu item Text/Session all I see is Scheme and Shell.
I have Maxima installed on this same system. Normally
(under linux) all that is required for a recognized
type of session to appear in the menu is to install
the package. But this does not happen.

The TeXmacs-1.0.1.14 directory under linux includes
a sub-directory names 'plugins' inside this sub-
directory there is a directory for each type of
session and inside that is where the 'packages' and
'progs' for that session type are stored. For example

/usr/share/TeXmacs-1.0.1.14/plugins/maxima/packages/session/maxima.ts

is where the stylesheet for Maxima is stored.

The current version of TeXmacs for Windows is based
on a significantly older version of TeXmacs-1.0.0.17.
Perhaps the directory organization was different back
then? Here I find the Maxima stylesheet is at

C:\Program Files\TeXmacs\TeXmacs-1.0.0.17\packages\session\maxima.ts

and the maxima.scm (not init-maxima.scm and
maxima-input.scm as in 1.0.1.14) is in

C:\Program Files\TeXmacs\TeXmacs-1.0.0.17\progs\cas\maxima.scm

The coding looks quite different from 1.0.1.14 but most of
the same stuff is there.

Is the problem only that TeXmacs for Windows might be
looking in the wrong place to determine if Maxima is
present?

Is there something else that one had to do under 1.0.0.17
to make a new session present in the text menu?

Regards,
Bill Page.