Re: [Texmacs-dev] Getting rid of Scheme?

From: Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Getting rid of Scheme?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:50:37 -0600

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:31, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> I don't consider Scheme to be a pathetic language.
> Python is less modern than Scheme in several ways.

While I admire the elegance of Scheme, I must also confess that TeXmacs
could use a performance boost.  For example, when I'm typing up my class
notes, my processor spends most of its time at 100% as I hit key after
key.  If switching to python will improve TeXmacs' performance, we
should give it a chance - I know - easy for me to say.

Perhaps we can bring some of Scheme's elegance to python in our future
scripts.