Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bugs I would like to fix.

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bugs I would like to fix.
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:00:17 +0100

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 15:03 -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> There are a few bugs and features that I would like to fix in TeXmacs to
> get things working for me.  I thought I would start easy and fix bug
> #15130, upl does not export to HTML.  But for the life of me I can't see
> how to get this to work.  I tried adding
>
> ("<upl>"        "#2B")
>
> to TeXmacs/langs/encoding/symbol-unicode-oneway.scm but it had no effect.
> Anyone have a little advice?

Now, THAT is confusing!

Attached is the patch that _should_ do what you want, but does not seem
to for some reason.

After applying the patch, (cork->utf8 "<upl>") in a scheme session gives
back "<upl>".

> The other two problems I am itching to fix is firstly adding support for
> the unicode character equal by definition (U+225D).  Perhaps someone can
> give me an outline of what is required to add a new character.

Mh... that one is nasty. I do not think that TeXmacs virtual font
abilities (see TeXmacs/fonts/virtual) allows you to do that. This would
require combining characters from different font sizes. The virtual font
definition language is implemented in
src/Resource/Fonts/virtual_font.cpp.

For the record, when you add a symbol to the virtual font, you also need
to define its semantics in
TeXmacs/langs/mathematical/syntax/texmath.syx. In this case you would
make it a member of the "logic-relation" group, along with "=" and
friends.

At the moment, you can get the desired result by typing "= ! ^ d e f" in
math mode. So you can probably get away with defining a macro that
displays this "symbol" and provide explicit support for this macro in
the HTML converter and TeX import logic.

> Finally I am also interested in fixing bug #15109, adding hyperlinks to
> the PDF output.  Any tips on where to start looking for that one?

Probably start by looking at the PDF specification.

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/pdf/index_reference.html

--
                                                            -- ddaa