Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bugs I would like to fix.

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bugs I would like to fix.
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 05:13:00 +0100

David Allouche wrote:

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 20:07 +0100, Henri Lesourd wrote:
As for me, the patch works, **provided** I apply it to
the **share**/TeXmacs/langs/encoding/symbol-unicode-oneway.scm
file. If you apply the patch inside the source directory, then
you need a new 'make install' !!!

I thought you would have expected me to know that much :)

This is only because you said it did't work, otherwise I would
not have had the idea to look into these dark details ;-).

Actually, I made the modification directly on an installed texmacs at
first, then after your message I tried after installing the modified
source tree I produced the patch against. With no more result.

That is really strange. On my machine, if you go in the 'share'
directory where the current install is located, as soon as the
'symbol-unicode-oneway.scm' file is modified, it immediately
works (modulo relaunching TeXmacs).

It turns out I had to "rm -rf ~/.TeXmacs". These cache coherency issues
are getting ridiculous. Having a cache is a good thing, but it needs to
have proper invalidation semantics!!!
The usual trick... :-). Does it work, after that ?

It should be noted that with the new lazy loading of Scheme
module, your change doesn't works immediately (in fact,
symbol-unicode-oneway.scm is one of the last loaded
modules). This could also be a cause of the observed
non-working.

Can you get Joris to apply this patch, please?
OK, I add this patch on my list.