Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs+Axiom

From: bump
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs+Axiom
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:46:02 -0700

> It is true that the display can become slower than the keyboard
> speed. I (along with many other people) also experienced this.

I wrote a long and complex book in TeXmacs (with many
images) and when the length became several hundred pages I
found that I needed workarounds to avoid this problem. Since
I finished the book in 2003, both processor speeds and
TeXmacs itself have improved. However, my experience might
still be worth mentioning. I found the advantages of using
TeXmacs far outweighed this inconvenience.

I worked on the document chapter by chapter, pasting each
into a long document. I could still edit the long
document, but if I had any big revisions to make I would
rewrite a chapter in a second file due to the speed
problem. Cross-referencing required special attention this
way, however, and for that, Joris had an important remark to
make.

See these two messages:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/texmacs-dev/2004-12/msg00060.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/texmacs-dev/2004-12/msg00061.html