[Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Close document segfaults

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Close document segfaults
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:35:28 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Hi all!
I'm Sergio, a new TeXmacs 1.0.6.12 user. I have used emacs+LaTeX for many
years, but TeXmacs is really appealing!
I've found a problem when reading help files: as a newbie, I often open help
files while editing a document of mine and I'ld like to close some help buffers
after I've have found what I was looking for, but if I try, then TeXmacs exists
and I lose my document's changes.
To reproduce the problem, please run TeXmacs in a terminal window (xterm,
konsole, etc.).
If you open a new document and then do File->Close document (or C-x k), TeXmacs
exits gratefully.
But if you open a new document and type 'a' (or anything else), then open another
new document and do File->Close document, TeXmacs exits and you can read:

[1]+  Segmentation fault      texmacs

in the terminal window.

I confirm that this error is brand new : it only
appears in 1.0.6.12.

There is no such error in the previous versions (I
just tried 1.0.6.11).

It's rather likely that it's just a stupid bug
which appeared during some minor change to the
code.