Re: Re: [Texmacs-dev] v. 1.0.7.7 bugs

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: Re: [Texmacs-dev] v. 1.0.7.7 bugs
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:30:44 +0200

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:11:22AM +0200, Davide Anchisi wrote:
> sorry for the late response.
> I compiled the X11 version.

Thanks.

> by the way, how could I compile the Qt version? Is it a make option or a
> different sources (in that case,  where I can find the Qt sources?)

./configure --enable-qt

>>>    - TeXmacs startup is now very slow, about 40 seconds!

Could you please try the SVN version (don't forget to do texmacs --setup for
the first run).
It might be that the long startup time was related to CJK font detection.
I now do some additional caching which might fix the problem.

The spell problem has also been fixed.

>>>    - Opening documents written with older versions of TeXmacs
>>> sometimes results in TeXmacs crash. I don't now if this may happen
>>> also with documents written with TeXmacs 1.0.7.7

Examples?

>>>    - When clicking with the mouse right button on the document, it
>>> appears a menu, like the one under the window bar (<File Edit ...
>>> Help>). But it is not possible to open any menu voice (e.g. clicking
>>> on them). [this happened also with older TeXmacs versions]

Keep the right button pressed.

>>>    - When inserting the current date, even if the language chosen is
>>> not English (I tested it with Italian and French), the name of the
>>> month is in English. [this happened also with older TeXmacs
>>> versions]

I will look into this one.

Best wishes, --Joris