Re: Re: [Texmacs-dev] v. 1.0.7.7 bugs

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: Re: [Texmacs-dev] v. 1.0.7.7 bugs
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 23:28:07 +0200

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 09:30:53PM +0200, Davide Anchisi wrote:
> Now the startup is fast (~ 4 sec.).

Cool.

> The spell checker is working again.
> Still, remains a problem that I noticed also on previous versions of
> Texmacs, but I could check it for v. 1.0.7.7 only now:
> spell check for languages that make use of accented letters results in
> improper corrections.
> E.g. the Italian word "caffé", which is properly spelled, is signaled
> wrong and the suggestion is: "caffè".
> I get the following message on the console:
>   TeXmacs] Launching 'aspell -a -d italian'
>   TeXmacs] ispell error: Error: The word "?" is invalid. The character
> '?' (U+3F) cannot be at the beginning of a word.

... they probably switched encodings to Unicode in the meantime.
I don't know to fix this bug in a reliable way (so as to work with
old and new versions of the italian dictionary).

So: if someone has a patch, then I will apply it.

> The crash happened twice, the first two days I used v. 1.0.7.7,  with
> two different documents but it happened only once for document. When I
> opened it again everything went fine. So, for the moment I can provide
> no example. If I could find a pattern I'll report it.

OK, probably a temporarily incorrect cache status or something like that.

Best wishes, --Joris