[Texmacs-dev] Attempt to migrate to Guile 2.0 (need help)

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Attempt to migrate to Guile 2.0 (need help)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 23:07:48 +0800

I started the attempt several days ago. Now I have completed the cpp part.

The cpp part:
I mainly rebase thlai's work on cpp to the current code base. Apart from some trivial work, it mainly create a texmacs-glue module for the glue code.

The scheme part:
Move some module-related code to texmacs-core.scm. texmacs-core.scm will import the texmacs-glue module, and each scheme module must import texmacs-core by (use-modules (texmacs-core)), in this way the cpp glue functions are exposed to each module.

Then we need to migrate each scm file's (texmacs-module ...) to (define-module ...) and (use-modules ...) to make them compile.

And then I encountered this problem: https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/texmacs/issues/10 (follow the link, there is a error report)

The problem is that after making tm-define.scm compile I can `tm-define` something in `init-texmacs.scm` and it compiles and works. But in the module `tm-preferences.scm`, it will cause a compile error where I use `tm-define`.