Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt6 branch

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt6 branch
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 06:03:43 +0800

When will we switch from Qt 4 to Qt 5?

Will we drop support for Qt 4 later?

How about dropping Qt 4 support and support Qt 5 by default and support Qt 6 for experimental purpose?

---- On Fri, 2021-06-25 18:42:55 Massimiliano Gubinelli <m.gubinelli@gmail.com> wrote ----

Dear all,

I've just moved the 'qt6' branch into the github.com/texmacs organisation repository, so that all the developers have access to it without need for PR.

It is now here:

https://github.com/texmacs/texmacs/tree/qt6

This is an experimental branch that contains patches to run TeXmacs on Qt6 (and so far also Qt5). I'm using it on my Mac and it works fine but expect maybe some bugs. It would be interesting to test it on Windows.

Best regards,
Massimiliano Gubinelli