Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt6 branch

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt6 branch
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 01:32:00 +0200

I think we need to target Qt6 right away and remove all the legacy code and hacks we accumulated to go around the various bugs in Qt4.*. There will be other bugs maybe but Qt has already shifted their focus to Qt6 and if we target Qt5 I'm worried that in a couple of years we will be in the same situation as now wrt. Qt4.

If I understand correclty the intentions of Joris we would support Qt4 for TeXmacs 2.1 for a while, until we have a new stable version with Qt5/6 and with some code restructuring I'm planning to do on the Qt code. Also we can address the problem with Scheme there.

Btw, I made a small experiment with different icons, more similar to those present in some Mac apps.

http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/an-experiment-with-ui-icons/505

Max