tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss]tpop unable to handle load

From: Rich, Whidbey Telecom NOC
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss]tpop unable to handle load
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:55:44 -0700

Hi Richard,

We process an average of 400,000 POP3 sessions per day using tpop3d 1.4.2 (a version we found to have no serious issues).

Our tpop3d config specifies max-children at 30, and timeout at 120 seconds. We have 2 load-balanced Dell dual-2.4 Ghz 2650's dedicated to POP, connected to an NFS storage cluster.

Did you say you only have a single server handling all incoming email, POP3, and storage?

Rich Sandberg
address@hidden
Whidbey Telecom Network Operations